Insurance for Crafters

NB: Inclusion of a resource on this page is for information only and is not an endorsement. You must ensure that any insurance policy you take out meets your needs. The Guild cannot offer advice in this area.

Insurance is a specialist subject, and under legislative guidelines only qualified persons are allowed to offer advice. You need to speak to an insurance broker, the Association of British Insurers should be able to provide details of brokers/insurance companies that can help you. We list some insurance brokers below that we know offer insurance to craft soap and toiletry makers, however it is your responsibility to be certain that your insurance cover meets your needs. Check that your insurance provider is authorised and regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority.

The following companies provide insurance cover for craft soap and toiletry makers:

Ian W Wallace: An insurance scheme designed specifically for Crafts People (Individuals / Partnerships/ Companies etc.) and Craft Groups and Clubs in the UK and Republic of Ireland. The scheme is Underwritten by the Aviva Insurance Limited t/a Norwich Union.

Combined Market Traders Insurance Association: Claims to be one of the largest providers of public and product liability insurance for market traders all over the UK.

National Market Traders Federation: Information and advice for market traders on retail markets throughout the UK. Access to business insurance. Membership details, and markets database.

Verified by ExactMetrics